Recipe: Fettuccine with Sausage & Kale from Winter’s Hill
Here’s a pasta recipe with five ingredients and even fewer steps that’s ready in less than 30-minutes. This recipe from Winter’s Hill Estate gets a *chef’s kiss* from us, especially when it’s paired with a Dundee Hills Pinot Noir.
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 pound spicy italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large bunch kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-low until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cream to sausage; simmer until reduced by half, about 7 minutes.
- Add kale to sausage; toss until wilted. Remove from heat; toss with pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan.