Garlic Butter Mushrooms & Cauliflower
Recipe courtesy of Winter’s Hill Winery
This delicious side dish serves 3-4 and can be made and paired with any Dundee Hills dry white wine you have on hand. We recommend trying it with a Chardonnay!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 shallots, diced
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 3 cups small to medium cauliflower florets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine (try a Dundee Hills Chardonnay)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable stock or chicken stock
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallot, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms, and cook, stirring often until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring often, until golden and tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, thyme and parsley until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in wine and vegetable stock, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.