Recipe: French Financiers
Here’s a delightful and simple sweet treat from the Dundee Hills Wine Library and Lisa Bernard at Choux Pâtisserie, right in time for the holiday season. These financiers require just seven ingredients already sitting in your kitchen, and come together in four quick steps. Enjoy this small treat after a decadent meal alongside a glass of Dundee Hills Rosé.
View full recipe here.
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 350F and melt the butter until brown.
- Mix the cornstarch, salt, powdered sugar and almond flour with a whisk. Next, slowly whisk in the egg whites to prevent any lumps.
- Add the vanilla and brown butter. Coat a 2oz muffin mold (the mini size) with butter, fill each cavity to 3⁄4 full.
- Top with sliced almonds if desired and bake for 17 minutes.