Perfect Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Sokol Blosser Winery.
A decadent pairing for the daring! Rich, chocolatey, chewy, and a little salty, these cookies provide the perfect pairing of contrast with sparkling rosé. Indulge yourself!
6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups of confectioner sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened coco powder
One packet of instant espresso powder
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
8oz of dark chocolate, chopped
Optional: 3/4 cups of finely chopped nuts of your choice
Flaky sea salt or kosher salt
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a small pot over medium heat, stirring regularly, until it’s starting to foam and brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour the butter into a heat-safe dish and chill in the fridge.
- Whisk or sift together the confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, espresso powder and salt in a bowl until uniform.
- Mix in the eggs and browned butter and stir until smooth, then add the chopped chocolate and optional nuts.
- Using a tablespoon, measure small dollops of batter onto the parchment lined trays, start with only two on the tray to see how far the spread while cooking. Sprinkle with flaky salt and bake for 6-8 minutes until the cookies have flattened considerably and look baked through and a little wrinkled.
- Let cool before eating. Believe it or not, these cookies taste best once cooled and the texture is set, not fresh from the oven!