The Dundee Hills: A Premier Destination for Hospitality and Entertaining
Welcome to the Dundee Hills, a place where your needs are anticipated, your room is plush with sweeping views, your glass is never empty and your meals are just as beautiful as they are delicious. In the Dundee Hills, hospitality is our priority. The Dundee Hills is where unforgettable memories are made.
Take a look at what’s new and what you can expect when you visit the restaurants and inns in the area:
Black Walnut Inn & Vineyard offers daily seated wine tastings hosted by their dedicated sommelier, Adam Kruse. Their wine flights feature producers from the Dundee Hills and throughout the Willamette Valley as they focus on an educational look at Oregon’s winemaking history, diversity of climate, terrain, terroir and philosophy. Learn more.
Black Walnut has a series of events ready to celebrate the upcoming holidays. All meals are inclusive stay & dine packages for guests of the Inn. Learn more.
- Thanksgiving: enjoy a four-course meal included with your stay
- New Year’s Eve: indulge in an eight-course wine paired dinner while you ring in the new year
- Valentine’s Day: share a five-course wine paired dinner with your amour during a romantic weekend at the Inn
The Dundee Hotel always wants to make their guests’ stay restful and relaxing, so they create curated packages with itineraries for guests to use as they plan their stay: https://thedundee.com/experiences/packages/. Looking for more ideas? Check out their blog! https://thedundee.com/blog/
Guests can also enjoy in-room yoga mats and foot soaks, Powell’s books, flowers throughout the hotel created by Pollinate Flowers, and local art for sale that decorates the hotel as well!
The hotel was recently renovated and now features a new restaurant called Field + Stream, a new boardroom and a new tasting room (The Dundee Hills Wine Library) on the first floor. And don’t miss their Squad Room, perfect for your next girls trip or bachelor party.
Franziska Haus is nearing completion of a new wing which will increase their rooms to eight. Stay tuned on their website and social media as they unveil their new space soon!
The boutique wine country escape opened this spring and features sweeping views of the Dundee Hills on a 10-acre property that features lavender gardens, a vineyard, cyprus trees and much more. It is perfectly situated in the Willamette Valley just minutes from numerous vineyards and wineries. With flowers from local farmers, meals from local food purveyors and itinerary suggestions that will help you find all the Dundee Hills have to offer, you’ll love every moment you spend at The Setting Inn.
Longing for a few days in Wine Country? The Stoller Family estate features three wine country rental vacation homes. Located throughout their property, all homes are fully equipped with kitchens, washers/dryers, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Stunning vineyard views with outstanding wines makes staying with Stoller an authentically Oregon experience. Wine Club Members enjoy preferred pricing on guest home rentals.
Choose from Three Wine Country Rental Vacation Homes:
- WINE COUNTRY COTTAGE – Max Capacity 6 Quaint and cozy, the Wine Country Cottage is perfect for a couple or a small group of friends. Located at the foot of the vineyard as you enter the Stoller estate, this guest house is just down the hill from the winery and tasting room.
- ESTATE HOUSE – Max Capacity 8 Surrounded by the picturesque vineyard, the Estate House is spaciously designed for mid-sized groups. Located near the Wine Country Cottage, this guest house is a short walk to the winery and tasting room.
- WINE FARM HOUSE – Max Capacity 12 Featuring a gourmet kitchen, five bedrooms, and three baths, the Wine Country Farm House is perfect for large groups. Located less than a mile from the Stoller winery, this guest house is surrounded by farmland on the southern end of the estate.
Briar Rose Creamery is staying busy, producing lots of cheese to share with locals and visitors. After years of specializing in goat’s milk cheese, their latest creations are sheep’s milk cheeses! Agness, a soft-ripened, bloomy rinded cheese has been a crowd pleaser.
The Dundee Bistro has multiple dining experiences from outside courtyard tables, to the main dining room where original artwork adorns the walls, to the Fratelli Ponzi bar showcasing family photos from Italy. Additionally, the Salud Room can host private events ranging from rehearsal dinners to company parties, and comes with a dedicated server, and often private bartender and cook.
The restaurant menu is elevated Bistro fare with an Italian influence that is always centered around wine friendly dishes. A rotating wine-by-the-glass menu as well as an expansive wine list is designed with care to pair with the Bistro’s seasonal dishes and Oregon bounty.
Oliver Crawford, an Oregon native, recently joined The Dundee Bistro as Executive Chef, bringing more than a decade of experience from around the world. The Dundee Bistro is thrilled to welcome Oliver back home to Oregon wine country!
The Pastry Chef, Marcus Lucht’s top priority for The Dundee Bistro is to create desserts that are both sophisticated and classic and, of course, so irresistible that this final course cannot be missed. The Olive Oil Chocolate Torte is new to the menu and is made with the Ponzi family olive oil from Italy. This chocolate torte is topped with a whipped chocolate panna cotta and chocolate ganache – perfect for the chocolate lovers among us!
Reservations are encouraged, especially on the weekends.
Red Hills Market continues their strong focus on local ingredients, supporting local farms, wineries and breweries. Their food is local, rustic and the majority comes from their wood fired oven. They are the casual hangout spot in downtown Dundee with both indoor and outdoor seating. They offer several grab and go items along with beer, cider, and wine.
In celebration of their 10 year anniversary they made some exciting new additions to the menu:
- honey ricotta & seasonal fruit toast: baird family orchards, toasted crushed hazelnuts, honey drizzle
- kiddos breakfast sampler board: lil’ pancake stack, slice of bacon, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs
- kahlua pulled pork: coconut jasmine rice with charred seasonal fruit, wrapped in a banana leaf, wood fired, and accompanied by mac salad
big kahuna: speck (fancy ham), charred pineapple, shaved jalapenos